how soon can i wear a bathing suit after breast augmentation?

6 doctor answers
Dr. Barry Press
43 years experience Plastic Surgery
A few days: Short answer: whenever it is comfortable. The incisions will seal in 48 hours so you can get them wet after that. I usually advise my patients not to wear underwire bras for 2-3 weeks because they are not comfortable, but other than that, you can wear a swimsuit whenever it is comfortable after augmentation.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Michael Matthew
20 years experience Plastic Surgery
Ask your surgeon: The answer will vary depending on the type of augmentation you have (submuscular vs. Subglandular) and the type of swimsuit (underwire bra, one piece, two piece). It's best to ask your surgeon.
Answered on Feb 10, 2016
5
Dr. Matthew Goldschmidt
21 years experience Plastic Surgery
In a week usually: I usually advise my patients not to wear underwire bras for 4 weeks because they tend to irritate the incision under the breast. In some cases, I have patients go without a bra for a few weeks to allow the implants to settle into the proper position. Bathing suits can be worn within a week or so for most patients. In some situations, i may have a patient wait, but this is unusual.
Answered on Apr 9, 2019
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Almost immediately: However activities such as swimming or tanning or volleyball will likely be deferred for weeks or months depending on the approach or technique.
Answered on Apr 5, 2017
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Few weeks: I ask my patients to keep the surgical bra on for a few weeks after breast augmentation surgery, after which point they are able to wear bathing suits.
Answered on Nov 24, 2019
Dr. Joseph Mele
31 years experience Plastic Surgery
Depends on the aug.: Usually two weeks is enough time; however, it is normal for the implatns to appear high and prominent fro several weeks after surgery. Ask you surgeon for the most informed opinion.
Answered on Jul 20, 2016