how can you get rid of corns on your feet?

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
See a podiatrist: Corns are callouses on the toes and are caused mainly by shoe irritation over a period of time. They can just be trimmed by a podiatrist, but will usually come back. The real cause is bony enlargement or malpositioning of the toe. There is a real simple surgert to smooth off the underlying bone and the corn should go away permanently. You can also have your shoes stretched or wear wider shoes.
Dr. Richard Mallia
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Most corns or calluses are cause by a combination of pressure and friction. Finding the cause of these forces and eliminating them is key.
Apr 1, 2019
Dr. Robert Kornfeld
Podiatry 41 years experience
Corns: Modify your shoegear so there is decreased pressure on the toes or have surgery to remove the enlarged portion of bone causing the problem.
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 23 years experience
Depends....: Treatments for corns can range from conservative to operative. If an operation is needed the correct operation is based on the character and what is causing the corns. You may want to see an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon: www.Orthodoc.Aaos.Org/footankle.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Corns are: Basically a description used for dead skin formed from frictional rubbing of two surfaces. The corn can be filed down with an emory board, scalpel (by doctor) etc. Many times there may be a bony prominence as the etiology of the lesion. A foot doctor can file or cut away the offending bone to hel eliminate that which is rubbing and increasing the friction.
Dr. Darrell Latva
Podiatry 42 years experience
PERMANENT SOLUTION: "Get rid of?" You're seeking a permanent solution? Depending upon the cause, surgery can be performed; for instance, if crooked toes are causing the corns, the toes can be surgically straightened. Consult a podiatrist to see if you are a surgical candidate; not everyone is. Sincerely, Dr. Latva