what is the treatment for angina?

Dr. John Szawaluk
Cardiology 31 years experience
SEE BELOW: Medical therapy is the workhorse of therapy, however, frequently revascularization with angioplasty/stenting and bypass surgery is necessary. See your doctor/cardiologist.
Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Medical: Medical while evaluating total situation and overall risks (nitroglycerin) commonly cardiac catheterization with percutaneous intervention or subsequent cardiac surgery depending on the anatomical coronary findings people have lived for years with treated angina. Total personal factors play a role.
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry 38 years experience
Several: Treatments for angina include lifestyle changes, medicines, medical procedures, cardiac rehabilitation (rehab), and other therapies. The main goals of treatment are to: reduce pain and discomfort and how often it occurs prevent or lower your risk for heart attack and death by treating your underlying heart condition.