Framingham, MA

my dad fall and have a blood in the brain, he doesn't need a surgery, he have amnesia and hallucination. how can i help him?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 40 years experience
Watch him.: Make sure the neurologist follows the patient with imaging studies ( ct or mri). He/she may order medicines for hallucinations . Amnesia may improve by itself or stayed the same. There are drugs for hallucinations. Just be supportive taking pt to appointments and reminding him what he has to do. Read about falling precautions . He might need institutionalization if difficult to handle.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Make sure he was not given Keppra to prevent seizures. I had a subdural hematoma and had brain surgery and was given Keppra as a seizure preventative. The hallucinations were horrifying and lasted for days. I had to tell the residents why I was hallucinating. They refused a psych consult. Gave me no antipsychotic and wouldn't believe me until I had them read the black box warning in the PDR.
Nov 14, 2013

Last updated Sep 11, 2019