Can i have conjunctivitis (pink eye) without having any pinkness or redness in my eyes?

Dr. Theodore Leng
Ophthalmology 17 years experience
Yes: You can have conjuctivitis where the symptoms mainly consist of a foreign body sensation (gritty feeling) and discharge, but your eyes may be not too pink or red. But by definition, the word conjuctivits means inflammation of the conjuctiva -- which implies redness.
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Possibly: Pink eye, or epidemic keratoconjunctivitis, by definition causes red eyes. As the infection starts to heal, the pink tinge of the conjunctiva (skin over the white of the eye) may diminish to a point where it appears normal, but you may still be contagious. A rule of thumb is that as long as you do not look or feel 100% normal, you may still be infected and contagious.