U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

What can be done for pain from eye surgery?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Anything wrong?: First, make sure the pain is normal and nothing is wrong - check with your surgeon. In our experience, cool compresses, acetominophen and rest are the best remedies. If these don't work be sure to be checked out.
Dr. Robert Chang
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Depends: Usually it's corneal discomfort, i.e. Abrasion, dry eye, loose suture, etc. Could try oral pain meds, topical nsaids, tears/ointments, bandage lens, etc.

Similar questions

South Africa
A 30-year-old male asked:

I'd like to do an eye-surgery. Where can this be done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Wrong place to ask: This is the HT public information site where docs, primarily in the USA answer health questions. You are welcome to post general health questions as needed. However,we have no access to or information about local healthcare options around the world where this site is seen. You need to contact local sources or the plan such questions.
Last updated Mar 27, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.