When reading a book or looking at my computer, my vision becomes cloudy and black. should i be worried?

Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Maybe: The blackness should be differentiated from blurring. True blackness is a different problem and should be addressed immediately. The blur is usually caused by glasses or dry eyes. These are usually easy to remedy by on ophthalmologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
See an eye doctor: It is not uncommon for vision to blur when reading or staring at a computer for a long time. It is less common to have vision black out when performing these tasks. See an eye doctor soon to evaluate the cause of the diminished vision.