Irving, TX

I have veins going up on the side of my stomach to below my chest but also above my chest on my breast and any type of touch with pressure is a bother?

Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology 56 years experience
See a doctor: Small veins which are normal may be quite obvious in light complexion, but they should not be painful. Prominent enlarged veins in the abdominal wall, starting from the pubic area up to the rib cage and beyond may be a new route for blood return from the legs due to blockage in the iliac veins/ivc, or due to cirrhosis of the liver, or blockage of outflow of blood from the liver to the heart.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Kanter
Phlebology 48 years experience
See a phlebologist: Prominent veins on the abdomen and chest can signal venous obstruction in the legs. If this happened recently and your legs are swollen, see a phlebologist right away. If not, you may just have prominent veins. I doubt the sensitivity is anything to worry about.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016