Will scarpad product like "topigel" help to diminish or flatten scar after wound closed after surgery? or is there any other way?

Dr. Jason Lichten
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Different options: In my practice, i favor skinmedica's recovery gel for my patients after surgery. I find, and the science behind the product supports that it addresses hydration, inflammation, hastened maturity and remodeling of the scar in order to address the scar healing completely. The other important factor is uv protection on the scars.
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
Talk to your surgeon: The best product i'm aware of is the scar recovery gel from skin medica currently. I have used scar fade in the past as well. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon or a (facial) plastic surgeon to determine if any other treatments are appropriate for you, i would recommend against products not recommended by a doctor you trust...As they likely won't help much.
Dr. Mark Johnson
Aesthetic Medicine 26 years experience
Diminishing scars: I have found that biocorneum is an excellent product for diminishing scars. Also, fractional ablation with and erbium laser will greatly reduce scar appearance with a few treatments.

Last updated Oct 18, 2016