Pittsburgh, PA

I use epiduo for acne and when i also use finacea my face burns and gets very dry and irritated why?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
All are irritants : Epiduo has Adapalene in it which is in the Retin-A class of topicals, and is quite drying, and benzoyl peroxide which is drying. Finacea (azelaic acid) is used to treat rosacea and acne. It's an acid that kills bacteria. So all three medications burn the skin. That's why your skin gets dry and irritated. See your doctor to work out which combination is safest & most effective for you.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017