Cincinnati, OH

what can thin blood aside from prescription medicine? my husband has a clotting disorder that drs can't diagnose. they have tested for all of the factors, sickle cell, etc... no diagnosis. he was on coumadin (25 mgs/day) & his level went from .9 to 1.

Pathology 49 years experience
Difficult issue: A dose of 25 mg of Coumadin (warfarin) is way more than what is effective in most people. It is not uncommon to not be able to find the cause of clotting disorders. There are other anti-cogulants on the market, however given the difficulty in managing your husband's clotting disorder, he may require evaluation and management by a hematologist specializing in coagulation disorders.