does mint flavour toothpaste good for teeth?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Kini Tran
Dr. Kini Tran answered
17 years experience Dentistry
Just keeps it fresh: I believe the mint flavor tooth paste purpose is to keep the mouth feeling fresh after your brush. I don't think that there is a positive effect on the teeth when it comes to any flavors. Its just a preference and option given to consumers by the companies.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1
Dr. Richard Ruden
37 years experience Dentistry
Yes: Any flavored toothpaste used on a regular basis 2-3 times per day for 2-3 minutes each time is good for teeth.
Answered on Oct 12, 2016
2
Dr. Nathan Birnbaum
48 years experience Dentistry
No: Mint is a known irritant to soft tissues, and is thus not a smart additive to toothpastes.
Answered on Nov 10, 2012
8
Dr. Mike Deldar
23 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Yes: As long as your tooth paste you are using has a seal of approved from ada (american dental association).
Answered on Aug 22, 2013