what is the average recovery time of an ac joint surgery?

Dr. Paul Cohen
Depends...: Depending upon the severity of the injury, the skill of the sugeon, and the overall health of your body in general i would say 6-12 weeks.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
Average is about 6 : Weeks to 8 weeks.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Recovery time varies: Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, smoker or not, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care. Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.