U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Miami, FL
A 31-year-old female asked:

lately i've been getting blisters on the side of my tongue. could this be from stress? i've been really angry and upset too.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Family Medicine 14 years experience
Aphthous ulcers: These could be aphthous ulcers or canker sores which can be brought on by stress. They usually go away within 7-10 days. Any lesions in the mouth that last longer than that should be checked out by your doctor.
Dr. Ted Poczatek
Dentistry 18 years experience
Stress can do it: Yes, stress can cause manifest conditions in the mouth. One of these are blisters, others are grinding and/clenching of the teeth. These should go away by two weeks.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 29-year-old member asked:

Does smokeless tobacco carry a high risk of mouth cancer?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: Any use of tobacco increases the risk of cancer, at multiple sites in the body.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 45-year-old member asked:

Where can I purchase mouth guards for grinding teeth?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry 15 years experience
Mouth guards: Almost every dentist can make you a custom mouth guard. You shouldn't buy a mouth guard that is not made for you specifically or it can cause problems. Just like one size fits all shoes aren't a good idea.
A 37-year-old member asked:

Does a bad taste or smell in my mouth mean infection?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry 12 years experience
Possibly: It is not a for sure thing that you would have an infection but those symptoms common for an infection that is draining such as an abcess. You may want to have a dentist take a look for you.
A 33-year-old member asked:

What's the role of saliva in cleansing teeth?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dentistry 36 years experience
Fluid: Saliva doesn't necessarily have a role in cleaning your teeth. It would matter if you didn't have saliva while cleaning your teeth.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Aug 17, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.