U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Madison, WI
A 47-year-old male asked:

I experience pain on the roof of my mouth when i eat, especially after not eating for more than 12 hours, and especially with certain high-starch food?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: A primary care doctor, an ENT doctor, and a dentist can look to see if there is anything unusual on or near the palate. They will look for teeth abscesses, gum disease, palate lesions, sinus infections, etc... Is all looks "normal", the primary care doctor may refer to other specialists to look into issues with nerve signals and oral allergy / mouth pain disorders, etc...
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.