U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 50-year-old female asked:

I am 50 and have gain a lot of weight no matter what i do can't lose it?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Mitchell
Bariatrics 24 years experience
Consider Help of MD: If you feel you have tried everything to lose weight and failed you should strongly consider seeing a doctor who specializes in bariatrics. You need to have a detailed medical history and physical exam and appropriate lab work. This lab work should include at least a cbc, cmp, lipids, tsh, & hgba1c. You need an individualized weight loss program developed for you. Diet and exercise are key.
Last updated Sep 10, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.