what is the best otc pain reliever for a meniscus tear in the knee?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 40 years experience
Naprosyn (naproxen) or Advil: If not contraindicated because of bleeding or peptic ulcer or severe hypertension or severe renal insufficiency then naprosyn 375 or 500 mg twice a day (same as aleve). Ibuprofen ( Motrin or advil)has to be taken three or four times a day ( 800 mg every time). Take them with food. Protect the stomach with antacids, h2blockers ( zantac, (ranitidine) pepcid) or with omrazole ( prilosec) 20-40 mg/day.
Dr. David Rojer
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Naproxen. : Can get as otc aleve (naproxen). Not necessarily the best just the first NSAID i would try.
Dr. Jason Boyer
Orthopedic Surgery 18 years experience
Anti inflammatories: Anti inflammatories or nsaids are usually the best to treat pain from menus all tears. The two types available over the counter are Ibuprofen or naproxen.