U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 67-year-old female asked:

Is it possible to deacrese enlarged heart to more. normal?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hector Amaya
Internal Medicine 20 years experience
Yes: There is studies showing that depending on the cause some hypertrophic heart disease or enlarged heart can regress if cause is corrected such as stop drinking, treat blood pressure, stop using Cocaine or treat thyroid problems and irregular heart rhythms such tachycardia.
Last updated Jul 11, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.