Bound Brook, NJ

My ct scan shows low potassium and thickening of the bladder walls what does this look like for me?

Dr. Ivan Colon
Urology 27 years experience
Need more info. : It's impossible for a ct scan or any imaging modality to show low potassium (k+). Many conditions and medications can lead to low k+. A thickened bladder wall can also be secondary to various conditions, most comonly to bladder outlet obstruction. Unfortunately, it is difficult to give you an answer which such little info and with only 400 characters, well you get the pic.
Pathology 49 years experience
Inconsistent info: CT scan does not measure potassium. All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests.

Last updated Oct 25, 2019