what could happen when a person cracks their fingers every 2 minutes?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Probably nothing: There has been no evidence that knuckle cracking leads to any problems.
Dr. Robert Gluck
Hand Surgery 39 years experience
Like most things it's a matter of degree and every two minutes seems excessive and I don't believe such excessive "cracking" has been studied. If you stress ligaments, tendons and joints too much, like any mechanical structure they may be damaged
Dec 24, 2011
Dr. Audie Rolnick
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
Probably nothing: Cracking knuckles is more of a negative pressure phenomenon in the small joints of the hand. Probably doesn't cause damage to the joint.