What could it be, if i have a severe pain in my right side waist area of my back? every morning when i get up to go to thw bathroom, i experience a really bad sharp burning pain that almost puts me to the floor, doubled up. i was told that this could be a

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See your doctor: Pain that severe needs to be worked up by your doctor in person. He/she will listen to you, perform an examination and possibly order some tests to see what's wrong with you.
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Nonspecific: Your complaint is fairly nonspecific and a number of conditions could be the cause, such as degenerative disc, herniated disc, pinched nerve, facet arthritis, si joint pain, even possibly intra-abdominal/pelvic pathology such as kidney stone. For pain as severe as you describe, a medical evaluation would certainly be advised.

Last updated Aug 2, 2019