My skin on the face became very dry especially around the nose and mouth. It burns wen I apply any cream. Why s this and which specialist should I visit?

Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience in Dermatology
Perioral Dermatitis: Certain medical conditions, such as perioral dermatitis and contact dermatitis, can affect the skin around your nose, mouth and eyes. This type of dermatitis primarily affects adult women as men rarely develop this condition. The exact cause is not quite understood but is believed to be related to poor hygiene, certain facial creams and topical creams and ointments. You may need oral antibiotics.
Answered on Apr 16, 2013
3