U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 19-year-old male asked:

How to get relief from a blocked nose due to allergies?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 23 years experience
Pills or sprays: You can try an over the counter antihistamine pill which you can take once a day. If you want short-term relief, you can use oxymetazoline nasal spray for a maximum of 3 days. If you use it longer, you will run the risk of rebound congestion. You can see your doctor who can also prescribe steroid nasal sprays, antihistamine nasal sprays, and allergy pills. Saline irrigation may be helpful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 12, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.