is it proper to soak my dental flipper in mouth wash?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Simon Rosenberg
45 years experience Dentistry
5-10 Minutes Only: Proper care of a dental "flipper" partial denture includes brushing it with a toothbrush to remove food particles & adherent dental plaque and rinsing it afterwards. Keep it in clear, clean water when not in your mouth. Use a commercial denture cleanser soak or mouthwash for 5-10 minutes daily to reduce possible odor and stain. Warning: some mouthwashes may alter the color of the the denture base.
Answered on Apr 21, 2016
1
Dr. Peter Karsant
38 years experience Dentistry
What I tell my patients with flippers,dentures or partial dentures is to soak the prosthetic device in powdered dishwasher detergent overnight 2-3 times per week. Use 1tblsp powder in a container that can hold 1-2 cups boiling water. This is less expensive and works better than denture cleansers. In the morning rinse with water and brush with toothpaste or mouth wash.
Sep 11, 2012
Dr. Earl Sandroff
42 years experience Dentistry
You can...: You can soak your flipper in almost any liquid you like. But make sure you brush it off first...Soaking won't get rid of built up food and crud. Remember...If you do soak your flipper in a colored liquid it could pick up that color into the structure of the appliance. Really, clean water changed regularly is the easiest and best.
Answered on Jul 3, 2015
1