can zestril (lisinopril) and lasix be taken together?

Dr. John Szawaluk
Cardiology 31 years experience
Yes.: They frequently are . The two are also available in a combo pill.

Is it safe to take lisinopril during pregnancy?

Dr. Erin Alward
No: Ideally, Lisinopril (and other ace-inhibitors, usually end in -pril) should stopped before trying to get pregnant. But if you find out you are pregnant and are taking it, stop taking it and call your doctor. Lisinopril can cause some congenital malformations in early pregnancy and kidney problems in later pregnancy. Babies exposed to Lisinopril will need extra monitoring mainly with ultrasounds.

I was just prescribed lisinopril is it more effectice to take with or without food?

Dr. Jared Fialkow
Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis
ACE and food: Lisinopril is equally effective with or without food. Food does not effect how well it works or is absorbed.

Can lisinopril cause my nocturia?

Dr. Yash Khanna
Lisnopril: Yes if you are taking it at night it can.If you are start taking it in the morning and you will not have nocturia let me know if I am right.

What is the reason to administer furosemide for a patient with hypercalcemia after hydration?

Dr. Melissa Young
Inc calcium in urine: To help excrete more calcium in the urine, although generally hydration alone is sufficient.

What's the difference between lisinopril and cozaar (losartan)?

Dr. Mark Gabelman
Cardiology 41 years experience
ACE VS ARB: Lisinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor which blocks the conversion of angiotensin 1 to 2, Cozaar (losartan) is an angiotensin receptor blocker which directly blocks the effect of angiotensin. They both are available generically, may protect kidney function especially in diabetics, and lower blood pressure as well as help patients with decreased heart pumping function.

Last updated Nov 29, 2020