how do you treat a 'bed sore' that is open and penetrating the muscle?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Surgically: This needs to be addressed by reconstructive surgeon. This can not be treated medically.
Dr. Megan Jack
Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
Bed sore treatment: This is a deep wound that often requires a combination of debridement (removal of dead tissue), treatment of underlying infection, wound care including vacuum dressings, and sometimes special skin and muscle flaps to cover the wound. This needs evaluation by a plastic surgeon.
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care 35 years experience
Be sore: This type of wound requires the expertise of a wound care team. Without knowing any further information, it is difficult to say exactly what is needed.