A member asked:

I have a small cut on my perineum from chaffing when riding my bike - very small like papercut, or like a split on your lip- what can i do to ease the pain (vaseline sudocrem etc)? and how long to heal?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Claude Parola answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

You probably can use a topical anesthetic like " ambesol" to allebiate the pain.

Answered Aug 25, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Michael Miller answered

Specializes in Wound care

The good news is that area has fantastic blood supply and so healing occurs rapidly. Inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling) is the body increasing the blood flow to the injury to bring healing factors to the area and veins expand to carry bad stuff away. Avoid further trauma to the area. Let nature take it's course. Skin cream may decrease any friction at the site.

Answered Aug 25, 2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor