IL

Is it safe to take 40 mg zinc supplement in addition to my multivitamin. my chiropractor recommended it. i also know i get some zinc in vitamin water. total cereal and other things.?

Dr. Khaled El Hoshy
Dermatology 47 years experience
Zinc: Yes it is safe to take the recommended zinc dose.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Radiology 40 years experience
Yes, but..: Why? Multivitamins and supplements are generally safe, which is why they are not regulated by the government. But they are worthless. If you want better health ( and fewer visits to your Chiropractor ), eat a balanced diet and use the money saved from vitamins to buy a gym membership. Exercise has proven benefits for your health and back pain. Multivitamins do not.
Last updated Jul 20, 2018