I need 2 stop smoking. but its so hard and i don't want 2 quit. i have gone a couple hours and i am in tears and very stressed. what to do. 5 weeks preg.?

Dr. Vance Harris
For your baby: Discontinuing smoking is never easy. I think you need better motivation so think of the effect this will have on your unborn baby. It is significant. See your doctor and see if there isn't something you can use that will help you with the withdrawal. You need to stop smoking for the sake of your baby.Sometimes it's easier to stop for someone else than for our self.
Dr. Traci Buxton
Counseling : I'm glad that you are trying to stop smoking and improve the health of you and your baby. Quitting smoking can be very difficult, especially when you are dealing the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy. There are several counseling resources available to help expectant mothers stop smoking. Please ask your OB doctor or local health department for a referral. Good luck and congratulations!
Dr. Carla Enriquez
OMG. : Think of your baby, not yourself. Your baby is at risk for learning problems, adhd, depression, and other conditions because of intrauterine exposure to smoking. Talk to your OB about smoke cessation it's just too important not to address. Good luck.