Sedalia, MO

i am 38 f obese with fatty liver. i have lost 42 lbs since march . my hair is falling out. could this be a sign of cirrhosis?

Dr. Vance Harris
Probably not: Cirrhosis is not usually associated with hair loss.Any time there is a rapid reduction in weight or any kind of illness then we can see hair loss increase for several months. This type of hair loss comes back so not to worry. Good luck on your weight loss.
Dr. Jennifer Sudarsky
Hair Loss: Hair loss associated with weight loss is most likely due to a nutritional deficiency. It is highly unlikely that it is related to your liver.