U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

Can you have vaginal irritation for several months due to detergent and / or fabric softener?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Eugene Louie-Ng
Obstetrics and Gynecology 27 years experience
That is possible.: If you have switched to new brands and have been experiencing irritation , switch back or eliminate them one by one to see what caused the problem. If the irritation is still there for this long, have your doctor help you figure it out since chronic irritation can be a sign of other skin disorders or infection.

Related questions

A female asked:
Can i use dettol to wash my vagina....as m feeling vaginal irritation?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 44-year-old female asked:
I am experiencing vaginal itching, vaginal irritation and vaginal burning.
3 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old female asked:
Can i take tablet syscan 150 for mild vaginal irritation and avoid FAS 3 kit?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.