Is there any collagen in anti-aging cream?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 41 years experience
What the manufact. ?: Anti aging creams contain different things. The absorption through the skin limits the use of some. Creams with hyaluronic acid or hyaluronidase in theory could be the best ( injectables definitively are effective for several months and are available like restylane, (dermal fillers) juvederm and others. In liquid form "pro-collagen" is metabolized into collagen and help against wrinkling. Vit. E needs p.O.
Dr. Homeira Izadi
undefined 31 years experience
If you want to use any topical collagen cream, you have to apply it along with micro needling to penetrate into the skin, otherwise it doesn't work, and of course injectable collagen as a tissue filler is very effective as well.
Jan 16, 2014
Dr. David Lipson
51 years experience
It doesn't matter.: Anti-aging creams contain a wide variety of ingredients, especially if they invoke popular buzzwords. Including collagen is a waste of your money, since it is a large protein molecule which cannot penetrate the skin. Topical collagen (applied to the skin surface) has no beneficial effect that I know of.
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine 25 years experience
Depends on the cream: Some anti-aging creams contain collagen. Others contain vitamins, peptides, etc. Check the ingredients of the particular cream you're interested in.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Plastic Surgery 38 years experience
A better question...: ... would be, "Do I care if there's collagen in it?" I haven't looked at every bit of research, but I'm unaware of any known benefits, other than sales, of topical collagen...
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Some do, but: It depends on the cream. But regardless, collagen doesn't get across the skin very easily, so it is not a good choice. Better to use a vitamin C preparation and use sunscreen ALWAYS. Spend the money on these and a nice hat instead.