i have had chest pain and difficulty breathing (constricted feeling) since i was young. now 18 and my doctor doesn't don't know what it is?

Dr. Dan Fisher
I don't know either: But I am reassured by the length of your symptoms that it is unlikely to be anything life threatening. You should have had pulmonary function testing with lung volumes, cxr and possibly exercise stress testing with oxygen saturation. If that is all normal it might be worthwhile to obtain ct.
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Chest pain: Your doctor might have already done some tests to find out the cause of your chest pain. Probably nothing serious that could happen in a 18 year old. But, get yourself checked for asthma- like exercise induced and probably need an echocardiography to rule out hyoertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016