I inject drugs and missed a vein on top of my foot. it hurts really bad and my whole foot and ankle are swollen. it also blistered. what can i do?

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Get Help STAT: You could have any number of problems, but my guess would be either a possibly severe infection or a blood clot. I recommend you go to an emergency center stat as if an infection, this usually requires intravenous antibiotics to fix and if a blood clot in your leg, you really cannot treat that at home either. You have another problem that needs help obviously as well.
Dr. Kamel Sadek
Cellulitis : The injection process most likely caused an infection of your foot and ankle. Unless you have a blood clot in the vessel you injected which could also cause swelling, you most likely need to get treated with an antibiotic. I would definitely seek care at an urgent care center.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See a doctor: The best thing to do is see a doctor, you may have an infection.

Last updated Jun 11, 2019