I am experiencing lower back stiffness it's painful when i get up from the chair. what can i do myself?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
Exercise : Need to be more proactive in terms of a daily exercise program in terms of flexibility and cardio with limiting prolonged sitting which generates 4times your body weight across the discs of the lower back.
Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 52 years experience
Exercise: You appear to be describing spinal arthritis (spondylosis). I would recommend that you see your pcp for an evaluation to establish the correct diagnosis. If it is spondylosis, then exercises to increase your core and back muscle are essential. Use of an otc or prescription NSAID may also be beneficial. Patches for analgesia, a tens unit, pilates, and yoga exercises may provide relief.

Last updated May 21, 2015