my wisdom tooth has came in and caused me 2 continue biting my cheek itsreally painful now what can i do?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Davis
35 years experience Dentistry
Wisdom Tooth: You should consult with your dentist to evaluate if you need a extraction. Chronic cheek biting can be pre-cancerous. He may refer you to a oral surgeon to discuss the advantages vs risks of extraction. Sometimes reshaping the tooth to give it some free space between the opposing tooth may help, but it depends on the bite. See your dentist to have this evaluated and good luck.
Answered on Mar 28, 2014
1
Dr. Jason Luchtefeld
20 years experience Dentistry
Call your dentist: Most likely the tooth will need removed. In the meantime your dentist may have some tips for keeping inflammation down.
Answered on Oct 18, 2016
4
Dr. Mazin Kizy
21 years experience Dentistry
Extract your wisdom : It sounds like you don't have enough room in your mouth for your wisdom tooth and it has come out to the cheek side. Check with a dentist first but it sounds like you need your tooth out.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
4