U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

My wisdom tooth has came in and caused me 2 continue biting my cheek itsreally painful now what can i do?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dentistry 37 years experience
Wisdom Tooth: You should consult with your dentist to evaluate if you need a extraction. Chronic cheek biting can be pre-cancerous. He may refer you to a oral surgeon to discuss the advantages vs risks of extraction. Sometimes reshaping the tooth to give it some free space between the opposing tooth may help, but it depends on the bite. See your dentist to have this evaluated and good luck.
Dr. Jason Luchtefeld
Dentistry 22 years experience
Call your dentist: Most likely the tooth will need removed. In the meantime your dentist may have some tips for keeping inflammation down.
Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dentistry 23 years experience
Extract your wisdom : It sounds like you don't have enough room in your mouth for your wisdom tooth and it has come out to the cheek side. Check with a dentist first but it sounds like you need your tooth out.
Last updated Oct 18, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.