is getting a vaccination painful?

No, not really: Every day, hundreds of thousands of people get vaccinations to protect themselves and their family and community members from dreaded diseases such as measles, whooping cough, pneumonia, meningitis, etc... Oral and nasal spray vaccines have no pain at all. Shots have a tiny bit of pain for a few seconds.
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Can be: The important thing to remember to lessen vaccination pain is to avoid tensing up or contracting the muscle where the injection is going . I am a Pediatrician, and I find the best way to avoid painful responses to injections is simply to divert attention away from the needle, it is very useful!!
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
I'm confused.: Says here you're 45 and you live in Palo Alto which is not exactly a Third World area. Haven't YOU ever had a vaccination? If not, why not?