OR

Is spiranolactone considered a fairly safe drug? are there any bad side effects from taking it long term?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Spironolactone: Good evening. I would first want to know more about you and the reason you would be on this drug. It is safe overall when used properly for the conditions it is designed or known for. These include blood pressure control and also as a testosterone blocker for those who may be transgendered. In my practice of nearly twenty years using this medication I have never had anyone have a bad outcome.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 31, 2016