Fort Myers, FL

I keep getting bv & take meds for it when prescribed & even found a homeopathic treatment but it keeps coming back...how do i get rid of it for good?

Dr. Alan Patterson
Take acidolphilus: That will help prevent it, but you need a complete workup to make sure it is not coming form anything abnormal on the cervix or in the uterus, and you need a detailed culture as many labs don't test for all the possible causes.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
It's coming back?: I'm not sure what "found a homeopathic treatment" means here. Can be easy to misunderstand what's homeopathic & what's not. Also, with a chronic condition it's best to be seen and followed by an experienced homeopath rather than attempt to treat ourselves. I agree w/my colleague that gyn evaluation is needed to be sure of the diagnosis, as well as using probiotic to support natural flora.

Last updated Sep 15, 2015