I woke up this morning and had muscle pain in my arms so bad it hurts to move them. i have a general all over body hurt as well. i feel like staying in bed. what do you think it is and what should i do? thanks!

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Most likely flu: Common signs and symptoms of the flu include: fever over 100 f (38 c) aching muscles, especially in your back, arms and legs chills and sweats headache dry cough fatigue and weakness nasal congestion check it out.
Dr. Parag Parikh
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 22 years experience
Suspect viral infect: Your symptoms are suggestive of a viral infection,flu like ,drink a lot of fluids,and take OTC meds,for cold and cough,if additional symptoms of fever,cough,dizziness,and chills,appear,over next 48 to 72 hours ,in spite of rest,seek med. advice.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016