why is my sons soft spot big?

Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Specializes in Family Medicine
Soft spot: I guess you are talking about the soft spot of a newborn's head. The size is not as important as the tenseness of the soft spot. Size varies. Usually no worry.
Incomplete data: When using this site it is important to give enough background information for us to answer your question.You list no age/size or other features.I'll assume you mean newborn, although it could be any age in the first year or so.I've seen normal newborns with spots ranging from undetectable to grapefruit size, They get smaller with age.The biggest ones I protect with a helmet.