How can i get past childhood abuse?

Dr. Evan Altman
Psychotherapy: One idea is to make an appointment with a psychotherapist and begin working on the problem. In many cases it will take a significant amount of work and will not be easy and you may be asked to think about things that you don't want to. There are a number of specific therapies for abuse and ptsd that can be potentially helpful. But you need to take the first step of making the appointment.
Pathology 44 years experience
Dr. Altman has given you good advice. You will probably have to relearn skills that enabled you to cope in an abusive environment but that work poorly for adults. You've taken the right first step. Look at the past but don't stare at it, and remember how much you are capable of doing to get the things you really want and to find meaning and joy in life.
Sep 8, 2012
Dr. Holly Maes
Thanks for asking: It must be very hard to reach out after suffering for many years. I have (and am) in your shoes. That trauma is never forgotten, but you can learn to go on despite and in spite of what you lived through - I have that personal experience. It takes therapy, though, to have someone skilled in abuse counseling to help you put it in your rearview mirror, instead of staring at you head on. Seek a pro!