U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

how can i treat the glaring veins in my legs once i have my baby?

7 doctor answers32 doctors weighed in
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Vascular surgeon: There are lots of ways but they all start with seeing a good vascular surgeon.
Dr. H. william Song
aesthetic Medicine 29 years experience
Laser: Large varicose veins may need surgery or endovenous laser treatments, but small spider veins can be easily treated in an office using lasers or injections. Asclera is now fda approved for injecting small veins. Results are impressive.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder commented
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Moms with infants, please be assured that people are looking at your sweet baby and are not noting your leg veins :) @DrPam4Women
Sep 10, 2011
Dr. Ted King
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Maybe not laser: Large varicose veins after pregnancy might be able to be treated with endovenous laser or rf, but often times these veins are too twisted and close to the surface of the skin in order for laser to be used safely. I would see a board certified phlebologist for a complete vein evaluation, including ultrasound vein mapping, in order to know how to best go about treating the vein problem you have.
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Vein Specialist: Following pregnancy you will probably see a decrease in the number of veins in your leg. Both varicose veins and spider veins are often related to malfunctioning (refluxing) valves usually in the saphenous system which worsen during pregnancy. You should see a vein specialist for a full venous evaluation including a venous reflux examination.
Dr. Mark Schwartz
Vascular Surgery 9 years experience
Vascular Surgeon: See a vascular surgeon in your area, as there are many different treatment options.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
First,: Do not rush to the doctor. Wait few months after you got beck your periods. Some veins may disappear after the pregnancy especially the first one. If after that period u still see them and they bother you go see a doctor. You can get a lot of info from my web site www.Gorenveincenter.Com. I have only 30 years experience in the field... Good luck 2u!
Dr. Joe Golowa
Interventional Radiology 19 years experience
Venous disease: You can see any one with experience in treating venous disease. Does not have to be a vascular surgeon only. It can usually be treated by a laser procedure in office. Does not need surgery.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 45-year-old member asked:

Problems with my legs? One has varicose vein that keeps getting firm

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Vascular Surgery 21 years experience
Phlebitis: You need to check with your physician for phlebitis or clot formation , if recurrent may need to rule out hypercoagulable problem or tendency to form clots.
A 39-year-old member asked:

Can I breastfeed my baby if I have mastitis?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Pediatrics 56 years experience
Mastitis: Yes, it is safe to nurse your baby with the infected breast. The main cause for the mastitis is your baby not emptying the breast during feedings.
A 44-year-old male asked:

I have swelling in the back and side of my knee?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Commonly a cyst: This can be from many things but if you have an internal knee problem like a meniscus tear or wear on your cartilage, you joint can make extra fluid and this can escape out the back of the knee joint and create a space filled with joint fluid called a poplital (or baker's) cyst. Get evaluated by your doctor first and get a diagnosis.
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
A 45-year-old female asked:

Been trying for a baby for a while now would pro seed help me? If this don't work what drug can I take , my partner taken a sperm test already and ok

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Shital Hubli
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Trying to conceive: You do not mention how long you have been trying. After 35 year of age if you have been trying to conceive for 4-6 months and have not succeded it is recommended that you seek professional help. Preseed is a sperm friendly lubricant that helps to relieve the vaginal dryness but does not aid in fertility. Gynecologists recommend this as the other lubricants are not sperm friendly.
A 26-year-old female asked:

What will be the effect if you did not complete the vaccination of your baby?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
They are at risk: The cases of whooping cough have increased from 2, 500/yr in the 90's to about 40, 000/yr since the misinformation about vaccines began circulating.More than 30 preventable pertussis deaths have occurred in 2013 as well as many from measles & other vaccine preventable causes.As long as there is air travel, any germ from the world can be in your mall today & be spread to your kid within hours.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Jun 2, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.