hey i have scoliosis i think and have a rib hump i want to know how i can treat them?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
Se. A spine doctor: Only bracing in a growing person and surgery has changed the natural course of scoliosis a spine specialist can explain options after curve magnitudes have beeneasured on standing long cassette xrays.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
Depends on curve : It is not unusual to have a rib hump with a rhoracic level curve as a scoliosis is a twisting of the spine rather than a bending like coiling a rope. You would treat the rib hump at the time of correcting the scoliosis if surgery were indicated. Sometimes, there are procedures directed at correcting the rib deformity for cosmetic reasons.