is there one brand of toothpaste that is better than another for sensitive teeth?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Jake Richards
11 years experience Dentistry
Sensedyne : They are the original desensitizing toothpaste and seem to me to still be the best. Know that it is not a guarantee that you will not have sensitivity. It hopefully with reduce it for you though. It may take a little time of use to do it too.
Answered on Jul 24, 2012
Dr. Theodore Ritota
8 years experience Dentistry
Try several: I have had patients that one works for and not on another, so it is advisable if one doesnt give you a positive result try another brand.
Answered on Jul 26, 2012
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
32 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Varies!: In my experience over the years, I have found that which toothpaste desensitizes best is different from one person to the next. Try one brand for a few weeks and if not doing well enough, try another for a few weeks and so on...
Answered on May 7, 2013
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Why are they?: In my opinion, there is no one "standout" desensitizing toothpaste. My recommendation would be to discuss your specific situation with your own dentist who knows your circumstances the best. There are many ways to "desensitize" teeth, based upon cause. See what would work best for you.
Answered on May 7, 2013