if i get braces, will i get discoloration around the area of the braces?

Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dentistry 9 years experience
Generally no: But it mostly depends on maintaining good hygiene all the time!
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry 15 years experience
Decalcifications: If you don't brush all the plaque off of your teeth especially along the gum line then yes you can get permanent staining of the teeth. These stains will appear chalky white and are called decalcifications (meaning the calcium has been sucked out of the tooth). These decalcifications are weekend tooth areas and can very easily develop into cavities or even flake out.