how is lockjaw cured?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Cogentin/Benadryl: It depends what causes it. Several medications can cause it in what's called a dystonic reaction. For this, benztropine (cogentin) or Diphenhydramine (benadryl) can counteract the offending medication and "cure" it.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014
1
Dr. Daniel Quon
41 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Depends: The treatment depends on several factors, which may include but are not limited to the frequency, the length of time your jaw remains locked, any unusual habits, your occlusion or bite, as well as any history of trauma to the face and jaws. A detailed exam and appropriate studies need to be performed to diagnose the cause before a definitive cure can be recommended.
Answered on Jul 6, 2017
2