can you get a sore throat from a tick bite?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
It is possible: The most common tick bite disease, lyme disease, can cause a sore throat but it is commonly known for its "target" lesion. Oropharyngeal tularemia is another possibility. The bottom line is that if you live in a tick infected area and you have a sore throat, you should see your doctor, urgent care, or the er immediately. Tick bites are very treatable especially early on in the infection.
Dr. Matthew Goren
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Maybe: There are a bunch of viral and bacterial illnesses one can get from ticks. You might consider seeing your doctor.
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Sore throat: Not likely a result of a tick bite. Make sure the tick bite site is clean and the head that burrows into the skin is completely removed. Clean the skin with soap and water and alcohol. Ticks can cause rashes due to the bite. Some Benadryl (diphenhydramine) will help here. If you have any fevers. Fatigue, and a rash on the back or trunk that has an advancing border see your doctor to get checked for lyme's dx.