U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Medford, OR
A 33-year-old female asked:

Chronic pain not controlled. how do i talk to my new dr.about this? im on percocet nd morphine. morphine i don't like at all doesn't help.

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Just ask!: But do beware that while we're more open to treating chronic pain, there's also been a backlash, more in some urban & rural areas regarding use of narcotics & opioids like Percocet & morphine. It's important for you to have an open discussion w/your physician. Find out what caused it. Consider physical therapy (again!), acupuncture, etc. Consider non-narcotic pain relief especially if neuropathic.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 19 years experience
Pain specialist: If your new physician is a pain management specialist he/she will understand your plight and offer various approaches to your pain. Drugs like Percocet are not necessarily the final answer.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 9, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.