what is the average recovery time for patella subluxation treatment?

Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
Depends on Treatment: Recovery varies widely based on the severity of the injury, associated injuries, and type of treatment. Non-operative treatment for an initial subluxation may only require 2-6 weeks. Operative treatment for more unstable or recurrent subluxations or those with associated injuries my require 4-6 months for recovery.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Varies: Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care. Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.